Saturday, September 20, 2014

Dew Drops



   
Running this morning I couldn’t see two feet in front of me the fog was so thick. It shielded the sunrise and enjoying any sort of view for that matter. I was stuck with watching one foot go in front of the other.

    Heading down the path I brushed something away from my eye only to feel it was wet. Had I been crying without realizing it?! It’s possible, but no. Then I realized it was the water droplets from running through this cloud of fog. I looked around and the glistening grass confirmed the same conclusion. The tiny accumulated water droplets proved the heavy moisture in the air was REAL even though I couldn’t SEE it.

    So many times life leaves us in a fog and we don’t know where He’s leading us. The good news is we don’t have to know! That’s the secret joy of Following Jesus instead of Leading Jesus. But I believe if we look close enough, we’ll go to wipe a tear and realize an evidence of He’s Presence that we didn’t expect.

    I think of Moses when he left the Presence of God. His face radiated God’s glory so brightly, he wore a veil to contain it. Second Corinthians 3:15-18 speaks of the veil this way:

Even to this day when Moses is read [the law], a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.”
The veiled has been torn (the fog has lifted) and God’s glory is radiating through us as we are transformed into His likeness! Wow!

    Sometimes it takes a friend lovingly grabbing our face and physically pointing out those dew drops because we are so focused on the fog. “No, look – THERE He is! I know this is difficult and you don’t FEEL God now, or wonder why/how He could allow this, but LOOK at THIS!” This tiny blessing of laughter, or financial provision or a phone call from a friend can accumulate. What happens when thousands of water droplets accumulate? They from a puddle we can actually see. Like physical evidence we can bring into the courtroom. That’s how our faith is strengthened!

    So if life’s foggy – and it will be – look for the rain droplets and smile that He is with YOU!

I invite you to listen to "You Carry Me" by Moriah Peters...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODs78s6ceWA

No comments:

Post a Comment