Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What does 2013 hold?

For our family, the month of December was an exciting one! But it also seemed be the month of everything breaking...bread machine, saucepan, ceiling light fixture, mop, vacuum, washer drain line. On Monday, my husband, Adam, gets into his truck to run some errands and it makes this grrrrr...clank, shhhhh noise (which I learned is the starter not starting!). It's times like these, I'm reminded it's God who's in control, not me, and without Him holding all things together it'd all fall apart! I have to choose not to worry about tomorrow. We have a house re-model planned with the money we've been saving, not exactly repairs! But I have to trust in my Savior! That His plans have to be good for me because He is good, and He cannot do something outside His character! So any "light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all," (2 Cor 4:17) I can only do that by applying the next verse: "fixing my eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen [troubles, breakdowns] is temporary [not lasting long] but what is unseen [character building] is eternal[lasting forever!]." And that makes me truly excited!!!

1 comment: