Friday, March 6, 2015

A Few Veggies Where there is Love...




















Mackenzie has been writing down some scripture verses that stand out to her. She started with Proverbs 15:13. Then she liked the next verse, so wrote it down and it became Proverbs 15:13-14. Then she liked the next one, so wrote it again and it became Proverbs 15:13-14-15. She has finally stopped at verse 19. She loved these words so much she took them to her guitar teacher and they added chords and a beat to it. She brought verse 17 to me and told me I needed to put this on my blog. It says, "A few vegetables where there is love is better than the finest meat with hatred." Pretty true.

I wonder if I could gets smiles if I served only vegetables tonight? But the conversation would be delightful.

Maybe the next night I could fix a fabulous feast complete with seared prime rib, perfectly seasoned mashed potatoes, baked in butter green beans. Except this night, Adam and I fight continuously at the dinner table.

Which do you think would go down better? I'd pick the veggie dish!

Thank you Mackenzie for reminding me that Love is an ingredient you can actually taste! 

Although I think I agree with Caleb, who interjected, "But a meal with meat and love is best!"

If you enjoy hosting friends over for a play day at your house, you might consider throwing together some home made pizza crust. Then you can let the guests pile on their own toppings. This is a favorite, kid friendly recipe I think you'll enjoy!














Pizza Crust (for a bread machine)

First measurement is for 1 pizza, 2nd is for 2...

Water - 3/4 cup; 1 2/3 cup
Oil - 1 TBS; 2 TBS
Sugar - 1 TBS; 2 TBS
Salt - 1 1/2 tsp; 2 tsp
Dry Milk - 1 TBS; 2 TBS
Bread Flour - 2 1/4 cup; 4 1/2 cup
Active Yeast - 1 tsp; 2 tsp

Select pizza dough setting. When finished, place on lightly floured surface. Divide and press onto a 12" pizza pan, raising edges slightly. Spread sauce over dough and sprinkle with toppings. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Putting it In Our Own Words,

~Julie (with a little help from Mackenzie!)

No comments:

Post a Comment