Monday, February 16, 2015

Work those Muscles!




The cooler weather has taken my exercising INDOORS. Yes, I know this reveals that I’m not a die-hard runner, but I am still trying to stay active.

The other day, I pulled out some of my old stand-by DVDs to plug in. You know, the ones with the young and well defined muscular men and women leading the program. When Adam saw me lacing up my shoes and which workout I was putting in, he said, “You know that guy is like in his 60s now?!” Not realizing the total amount of years that has passed since its debut, I thought, “I wonder what he looks like now!” 

I wonder where I will be in 15 years. What will life be like?  
If I had a magic ball that revealed my life in 15 years, would I be surprised? Would it look different than what I hoped for? The only difference in now & 15 years is my daily habits have had more time to accumulate. 

I look at my children. My youngest son will turn the age of my oldest when my youngest was born. Six years have gone by like that! When that time flips again, I'll be looking at an 18 year old, 15, & 12...not to mention what I'll be! It'll be here before I know it. How many people do we meet or run into on a weekly basis that tell us to "Remember these days - savor them, they go so quickly!"? Time keeps on passing, regardless of what we do. 


As Annie puts it, "The sun will come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun..."

And the next day, and the next...

Question is, how will we spend our days under that sun?

At the end of our life, are we really going to wish we had run further, pumped more weights, or fit into the perfect size of jeans? Regardless of how much time, effort and money we spend on our outward appearance, it is going to fade. Now, I'm not saying it isn't important to be physically healthy. But maybe, we could use physical exercise for inward beauty that won’t fade with time. Otherwise, we'll look back and see our training worked, but we were strengthening the wrong muscles!

It also takes muscles to pray continually, release past hurts, and refuse to be bitter and angry when wronged. Instead, to desperately reach ahead to joy in the Lord, Peace of mind, and re-fueling yourself to go back into your sphere of life and pour into those around you.

So get active! Work and strengthen those muscles…both physically & spiritually!!

Proverbs 31:30 “Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.”

Putting it In Our Own Words,

~Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment