Monday, August 5, 2013

Voices

I was out having an enjoyable evening to myself and Adam was home in charge of the "minions". Tonight he would tuck them in bed and I would unlock the door and enter into a quiet house. I love bed time with the kids - reading together, praying and back scratching, then watching them disappear under the spread of covers. I also enjoy the rare occasion when someone ELSE gets that privilege! When I returned that evening, Adam gave me the run down on what all took place...who did what, funny highlights, etc. When he got to bedtime he stuck out his finger at me, changed his voice and face to imitate a child's and said ," And Zach made me promise that when you got home, you would give him a kiss he can FEEL!" Awww, a feelable kiss is better than a non-feelable one!

Again, I learn from my kids. I have asked God in my prayers similar questions. Lord, will you show me what to do here?! Lord, I pray you provide what we need right now. To me, those are like asking for a "kiss I can feel". Asking God to make an impression on my clay pot so that I know it's Him and not me. Isn't that what faith is all about? Believing what we do not see. Zach believed I would come give him a kiss. Do you think I did - YES! That very moment! So, when I ask God for strength under pressure, clarity amidst the murky, or help for the insurmountable, I'm asking in faith, as a child to my Heavenly Daddy who is always FAITHFUL. That is His name. He too will answer His child with His best in mind. My choice from there is to choose to believe it's His best for me instead of believing a lie that His's keeping something good from me. Just because life is bumpy and rocky with many twists and turns I don't understand, I don't have to. I can rest in His Sovereignty. Just as my kids have to do when they don't understand why I say "No" to certain things, or allow them to struggle with something, knowing it's for their best for them to figure out. Let James 1:2-4,12 speak to you as it did me.

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

Zach still woke up that next morning and asked me if I gave him a kiss - to which I said "YES"! And I think so many times I wake up and say Lord, is this your answer? To which we both rest in the assurance given. He is FAITHFUL! Amen.

2 comments:

  1. love these words, Julie! you have a gift and i love hearing your heart through these posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've often thought of your dear, insightful "feelable kiss" analogy this week. Thank you for this image of our faith walk.

    ReplyDelete